On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 04:02:51PM -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> On Thu, May 01, 2014 at 09:29:56AM -0400, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> <snip>
> > (and many others) you don't really even need more than one address. If you
> > modify your example to just use "~/replies", it will work properly
> > regardless of what value you pass to recv.
>
> I did this, set the Messenger back to recv(1) and the speed increased.
> Now it starts around 2300 msg/sec and drops off from there. Though I
> would wager part of that drop off in speed isn't due to communications
> issues but because the student does random guesses and avoids resending
> previous guesses. When I comment out the checks for duplicate guesses it
> stays at around 2300 msg/sec.

Another interesting point: memory usage has dropped off significantly,
which I guess is expected given that there aren't a bunch of links being
used now. Before I would see guru get to about 20% of memory used while
running, this after throwing many different instances of student at it.
Now it sits consistently at 0.1% memory usage.

Delivering value year after year.
http://www.redhat.com/promo/vendor/