>From now on until ebola gets me (and maybe long after that!)
new proton-c code will be downloaded, built, performance-tested, and the
results posted in tasteful and attractive graphical form here:

http://people.apache.org/~mgoulish/protonics/performance/results/nightly.svg

The testing is done with my proton-C engine-level clients.
Each test consists of 50 trials, 5 million small messages each trial.

the graphics show you at a glance the mean value of the 50 tests for that
day, as well as the plus-one sigma and minus-one sigma range.  (That is the
range in which about two-thirds of the test results will fall.)

The standard deviation (sigma) is important, because if you see that suddenly
increasing -- even if the mean value remains relatively constant -- that means
we have a problem.

A while ago we had a significant performance issue in qpidd that went undetected
for several months.   The goal here is to make sure that any significant proton
performance regression will become obvious within 24 hours.  (8.64e19
femtoseconds)

As always, I would be happy to hear any thoughts, questions, criticisms, ideas,
proposals, desires, hopes, dreams, or schemes relating to this system or
anything
else.