An off the cuff thought - worth what you paid for it -

On Wed, 2014-12-10 at 11:23 -0500, Ken Giusti wrote:
> Furthermore, I think the event API would benefit from a way to 'opt-in' to
> specific events.  For example, for qpidd we would not want to receive
> PN_TRANSPORT nor PN_LINK_LOCAL_FLOW events.

As far as I can see it should be hardly more expensive to do this
filtering in the listening code than in the proton code itself. So I'm a
little suspicious that the large number of ignored events is causing the
problem. If they are causing a lot of app work to happen then perhaps
they can be filtered out closer to reception.

I think it would be difficult to resolve filtering the events out in
proton, with allowing multiple independent and ignorant of each other
layers that can coexist.

Andrew