On Tue, 2015-02-03 at 16:26 -0500, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 02, 2015 at 09:12:22AM -0500, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> > Are there any example apps for Python that don't use the reactive APIs?
>
> If no examples, perhaps a primer of how the logical components of the
> enger interact to help guide providing an example?

Not sure about Rafi's new C reactor but Gordon's util.py contains a
BlockingConnection which allows you to do simple blocking command-style
messaging built on top of the reactive framework. There's a
utils.SyncRequestResponse class I added that implements the
request-response pattern using BlockingConnection. You can use these
quite similarly to an API like qpid::messaging.

IMO this is the way to go - the simpler patterns are built over the
reactor framework so that they are easy to use without worrying about
reactive programming *but* the power of the reactive framework is
lurking just below the surface when you need it.