On 29 April 2015 at 20:34, Rafael Schloming <r...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I've put out an RC for 0.9.1 in the usual places.
>
> Source artifacts are here:
>     https://people.apache.org/~rhs/qpid-proton-0.9.1-rc1/
>
> Java binaries are here:
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1033
>
> Please check them out and register your vote:
>
> [  ]: Yes, release Proton 0.9.1-rc1 as 0.9.1
> [  ]: No, ...
>
> --Rafael

[ +1 ]: Yes, release Proton 0.9.1-rc1 as 0.9.1

I kicked the tyres by doing the following:
- Ran the cmake build with the tests.
- Ran the Maven build with the tests.
- Verified the sigs+checksums.
- Checked the LICENCE+NOTICE looked ok.
- Used the staging repo to run the Qpid JMS master build+tests.
- Used the staging repo to run the ActiveMQ master build and AMQP module tests.
- Verified that a reproducer which identified some of the issues fixed
in the release now runs ok.

I noticed while running the cmake build that PN_VERSION got logged as
being set to 0.9, which made the cmake-built jar get a name with 0.9,
and from chatting to Rafi probably also means the versions available
within the C/Python code dont have access to the point release number.
We both think this is ok for now, but something we possibly want to
fix on master for future, for which I have raised PROTON-874.

Robbie

P.S, anyone wanting to test things out using the staged maven
artifacts can add this to your pom:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>