The versions of the Proton pom files were changed on master yesterday
to 0.10-SNAPSHOT (i.e <next-release>-SNAPSHOT), from their previous
constant use of 1.0-SNAPSHOT regardless of the next release version.
As a result of this the nightly snapshot job is now publishing with
the new version, which means there are currently stale artifiacts in
the snapshot repo with the previous version. If you want current
snapshots you need to update your dependencies accordingly.

I decided to raise a JIRA to request INFRA nuke the stale artifacts.
In doing so I went through all the published org.apache.qpid.*
artifacts and found a significant number of stale versions or artifact
names from the past, so I have asked for all of those to be removed as
well: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-9561

Given the extent of the mess we have made, its possible the best way
forward could be for infra to simply delete everything and then we
republish current snapshots. That would create a small window where no
snapshot is available when requested, so I'll send an update if that
is how things proceed.

Robbie