On 04/29/2015 05:38 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
On 04/27/2015 01:45 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
On 04/27/2015 01:14 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
I also added PROTON-858 as a release blocker.

I've been trying to get a fix proposal together for that. I'll post it
for review as soon as I'm reasonably confident, still seeing some issues
at present (not 100% sure they are related, but am assuming so).

Just to update the status here. Although I have positive reviews for the
simple patch, I have encountered some issues even with that during
stress testing.

I can't say for sure whether these are caused by my change as the test
showing them up doesn't run long enough without the change. However
until I know for sure I am not keen to commit it.

It turns out the issues are not related to the change nor are they in proton, but in qpid::messaging itself. I have therefore committed the fix now to master, and posted the optimisation suggested by Alan for review: https://reviews.apache.org/r/33750/ (this also passes my stress tests).