I ran the patched map fix in the original environment where the issue was first 
spotted. 

* Without the fix 4 of 10 tests failed within the first minute. 
* With the fix 0 of 20 tests failed within the first minute.

This is a great candidate for 0.9.1.


----- Original Message -----
> From: "Gordon Sim" <g...@redhat.com>
> To: proton@qpid.apache.org
> Sent: Friday, May 1, 2015 6:02:09 AM
> Subject: Re: candidate commits for 0.9.1
> 
> On 04/29/2015 05:38 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> > On 04/27/2015 01:45 PM, Gordon Sim wrote:
> >> On 04/27/2015 01:14 PM, Rafael Schloming wrote:
> >>> I also added PROTON-858 as a release blocker.
> >>
> >> I've been trying to get a fix proposal together for that. I'll post it
> >> for review as soon as I'm reasonably confident, still seeing some issues
> >> at present (not 100% sure they are related, but am assuming so).
> >
> > Just to update the status here. Although I have positive reviews for the
> > simple patch, I have encountered some issues even with that during
> > stress testing.
> >
> > I can't say for sure whether these are caused by my change as the test
> > showing them up doesn't run long enough without the change. However
> > until I know for sure I am not keen to commit it.
> 
> It turns out the issues are not related to the change nor are they in
> proton, but in qpid::messaging itself. I have therefore committed the
> fix now to master, and posted the optimisation suggested by Alan for
> review: https://reviews.apache.org/r/33750/ (this also passes my stress
> tests).
> 
> 

Reply via email to