It appears the consensus is to have a release fairly soon.
I want be able to get the codec work in time for the 0.10 release.
These changes do have an impact on Robbies test code as some impl classes
are used directly.

Given the magnitude of the changes and the impact it has on the code base
and related projects, I'm of the opinion that it's best to aim to land this
on the trunk soon after the 0.10 release.
That will give us enough time to test and weed out any bugs for the 0.11
release.

Rajith