On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 12:44 PM, Rajith Muditha Attapattu <
rajit...@gmail.com> wrote:

> This is a courtesy notice that I will be removing the following methods
> from the Proton Message interface in 48 hrs unless I hear any objections.
>
> I believe Robbie has already mentioned this in the past.
>
> Rajith
>
>     Object save();
>
>     String toAMQPFormat(Object value);
>
>     Object parseAMQPFormat(String value);
>
>     void setMessageFormat(MessageFormat format);
>
>     MessageFormat getMessageFormat();
>
>     void clear();
>
>     MessageError getError();

I'd suggest leaving clear(), but I'm +1 on removing the others.

It looks to me like clear() is a reasonable method to have since it would
be cumbersome to set the body back to null and then individually reset all
the headers, however what it does now looks broken to me. It currently
*just* sets the body to null when it should really clear all the headers
and properties as well, i.e. do the same thing that is done at the
beginning of decode(). In fact the beginning of decode() should probably
just call clear() (once it's fixed of course).