On Tue, 2015-05-26 at 17:26 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> On 14 May 2015 at 19:14, Alan Conway <acon...@redhat.com> wrote:
> > The proton go work moved to branch "go" to comply with proton policy for
> > work-in-progress, but has moved again to branch "go1" with some
> > directory and package name re-org to make it work with `go get` and
> > godoc. (`go get` likes "master" and "go1". Not "go". Go figure. HAHAHA
> > "Go figure")
> >
> > Read all about it at:
> >
> > https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/go1/examples/go/README.md
> > https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/blob/go1/go/README.md
> >
> > If you are interested in details of how this works:
> >
> > I added <meta> tags and stub files on qpid site under
> > qpid.apache.org/proton/go so that `go get` can automatically locate and
> > clone the proton repo into your local go workspace, based on the more
> > durable qpid.apache.org name.
> >

> The meta tag is included on essentially every page of the website due
> to insertion in_template.html. Is that needed?

No, it is only needed on the main index and on the stub
directories/indexes under /proton. Putting it in the template was the
easiest way to get it into the header of the index, but if it's
objectionable I can figure out a way to include it only on the necessary
pages.

> > I moved the go code into the root of the repo (with a symlink in
> > bindings/go) This stinks but otherwise you get insane package names for
> > go get and/or godoc (a symlink in root works for go get but not godoc)

The go code is back where it belongs, there is a symlink in the repo
root. I'm still not sure if this whole "go get" thing is going to work
out. If not I'll remove the symlink but for now it's there for
"experimental" purposes. This is all still on the go1 branch not master.

Cheers,
Alan.