Devs,

As you probably know, I've pushed changes to the proton python bindings that
make proton compatible with python3.

Since then, I've hit bugs in the python3 stuff that could've been caught by
running the above unit test on a linux system that has python3 installed.

This test currently only runs on linux, and requires both python3 and extra
python tools be installed in order to run it.  I suspect most devs don't have
these tools installed by default.   If the tools are not available - or are not
current - ctest will skip running these tests.

Most current linux distros - I'm running Fedora 21 btw - support installing
both python2.x and python3.x in parallel.  Most default to just having python
2.x installed - you usually have to install python3 manually.

Once you have python3 installed, you will also need to have an up-to-date
version of the 'tox' and 'virtualenv' tools installed.

For example, on my F21 box:  "sudo yum install python-tox python-virtualenv"
does the trick.

Note: the unit tests require version 1.7+ of python-tox.  If that isn't
available to you, you can use 'python-pip' to either overwrite the installed
version of tox with a newer one, or install a local copy of tox in your home
directory:

$ sudo pip install -U tox   # this overwrites
or
$ pip install --user -U tox  # will put tox in ~/.local - you'll have to update
your PATH/PYTHONPATH to look there

Once all that is done, a simple 'make test' should run the python-tox-test.

Doing all this is optional, and will increase the time it takes to run the unit
tests, but it prevent inadvertent regressions to the python3 support.  And it
will greatly appreciated by yours truly!

thanks all,

-K