-----aconway <acon...@redhat.com> wrote: -----
>> Is this just because the go code isn't at the top-level?
>>
>> Can't you just rename your current branch out of the way and then
>> subtree the binding and push it to the go1 branch?
>>
>> e.g., something like...
>>
>> # rename old full tree branch and push it to a new location
>> git checkout -b proton-go origin/go1
>> git push origin --set-upstream proton-go
>> # split out just the go binding and push it
>> git subtree split --prefix=proton-c/bindings/go -b go1
>> git checkout go1
>> git push -f origin go1
>>
>> `go get` will look for the go1 branch by default, so it should just
>
>> work (tm) ?
>>

> Hah, I missed git subtree. It's not mentioned on the main git man
> page
> in my distro (I know, I know, "what's a 'man page' grandad?")
>
> This sounds exactly right but doesn't work for me. When I run the
> subtree split my go1 branch still appears to have the full proton
> tree
> in it. Must be doing something wrong...

As discussed on irc, it would have moved the specified prefix up to the
top-level, but subtree split doesn't remove any files from your working tree,
so you'll need to `git reset` after doing the split to remove them.

Use `git clean -ndx` to see what would get removed, and then drop the -n to
remove them.
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.