Github user gemmellr commented on the pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/qpid-proton/pull/48#issuecomment-127559169

    I've commented on the code, but one final random thought:

    Could we use generics to enforce the correct type of handler is supplied
for dispatch and avoid some instanceof checks? (e.g  BuiltinEventTypeImpl.java)

    Its possibly more trouble than its worth, but it feels a little weird we
dispatch to/with only 'Handler' now when it no longer has any methods on it of
use in dispatching except onUnhandled().
    Given the way all the children for a handler also get called that might not
be particularly doable, unless the children are similarly forced to be of
compatible types.

    Of course, that whole process also suggests that onUnhandled is usually
going to have to be a no-op anyway, or some way would be needed to filter only
particular events to particular children.

---
with INFRA.
---