Thanks Alan,

I tried that but a recent change to the SWIG bindings broke the reactor
interface in ruby. I commented on
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-949 as you already noticed.
Even after it's fixed there are other issues popping up with the reactor
interface, something with a prototype mismatch of an ssl.rb method
(https://gist.github.com/plerohellec/3a73b71b04aaa22845c3), I couldn't find
an easy fix for that.
I also switched to the 0.10.x branch with the same result so I gave up on
the reactor.

I added the missing binding (Messenger#get_link) but I haven't been able to
get the expected result from passing a filter yet. I will open a PR if I
manage to get it to work. By the way, this is a modified recv.rb that sets
the filter: https://gist.github.com/plerohellec/55f3fde1b303f04d259d
I'm not sure the filter are actually used when when receiving a message,
could you give it a quick review?