On 27 January 2016 at 00:51, Justin Ross <justin.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, folks. The beta is now available from the following URL:
> Maven staging repo:
> Test output from my machine, Fedora 23 x86-64:
> Only one week remains before the release candidate. See the release
> page for more information. Please test in your environment and report
> what you find.
>  Proton 0.12.0 release page:
I tested the beta out as follows:
- Used the CMake build, tests, install.
- Ran the maven build, tests.
- Used the staged maven artifacts to run the Qpid JMS master build and tests.
- Used the staged maven artifacts to run the ActiveMQ master build
and tests (with required test updates).
- Built Qpid C++ trunk broker against it, ran the JMS client
HelloWorld example using it.
- Built Qpid Dispatch 0.5 against it, ran the JMS client HelloWorld
example using it.
- Tried to build qpid C++ 0.34 broker against it, which failed due to
not handling a newer possible switch statement case
-- Presumably (I didnt verify) because it doesnt have the updates
from http://svn.apache.org/r1717539 and http://svn.apache.org/r1717997
-- Using -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-Wno-error=switch seemed to get things
going, and I was able to run the HelloWorld example against it.
-- I guess this is of little concern if the workarounds are as easy
as above and the next cpp release is imminent.