On 27 January 2016 at 00:51, Justin Ross <justin.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, folks.  The beta is now available from the following URL:
>
>     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton/0.12.0-beta/
>
> Maven staging repo:
>
>     https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1059
>
> Test output from my machine, Fedora 23 x86-64:
>

> http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-releases/quirk-proton-0.12.0-beta.log
>
> Only one week remains before the release candidate.  See the release
> page[1] for more information.  Please test in your environment and report
> what you find.
>
> Thanks!
> Justin
>
> ---
> [1] Proton 0.12.0 release page:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/qpid/Qpid+Proton+0.12.0

I tested the beta out as follows:

 - Used the CMake build, tests, install.
 - Ran the maven build, tests.
 - Used the staged maven artifacts to run the Qpid JMS master build and tests.
 - Used the staged maven artifacts to run the ActiveMQ master build
and tests (with required test updates).
 - Built Qpid C++ trunk broker against it, ran the JMS client
HelloWorld example using it.
 - Built Qpid Dispatch 0.5 against it, ran the JMS client HelloWorld
example using it.

 - Tried to build qpid C++ 0.34 broker against it, which failed due to
not handling a newer possible switch statement case
  -- Presumably (I didnt verify) because it doesnt have the updates
from http://svn.apache.org/r1717539 and http://svn.apache.org/r1717997
  -- Using -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS=-Wno-error=switch seemed to get things
going, and I was able to run the HelloWorld example against it.
  -- I guess this is of little concern if the workarounds are as easy
as above and the next cpp release is imminent.

Robbie