To be pedantic, only PMC members votes are officially considered binding
[1], and votes from committers who are not on the PMC are not... However in
general as a community we would encourage anyone who has done any sort of
validation of the release to provide their feedback via (non-binding)
voting.

-- Rob

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html