Glad to hear you got past the issue with your jndi config. Jakub's
mail covers your question on qpid-config.

Note you can also have the broker auto-create queues as needed using
the CLI option I mentioned in your recent thread on the users list.

As an aside, the current release of the client has been 0.7.0 for a
couple months, and the 0.8.0 release just passed its vote now and will
be reflected on the site come Monday. It will sync to maven central in
the hours ahead, but is available now via repository.apache.org, or
you can find an archive here also:
http://apache.org/dist/qpid/jms/0.8.0/

Robbie