Hello Folks!

In our (Microsoft Azure EventHubs) java library, we are looking for a way to
identify which AmqpClient did the call originate from.
We want to use this information to:
1) Identify client stack while troubleshooting Service issues - for ex: a bug
in implementation of AmqpProtocol stack
2) collect telemetry on how many different clients are talking to our service
(which will open-up data insights in future, for ex: investing our efforts on
the right client echo system etc.,)

To achieve this - we are planning to introduce a Property (on AmqpConnection -
[AMQP-CONNPROP]) to identify UserAgent.
- We chose “Connection properties” – as this would be one-time per connection
and will not add extra overhead per message.

I believe this would be a common requirement to all Amqp implementations. Are
you folks aware of any proposal to add a standard property to Amqp Protocol
Specification (or) is there already one that you folks use for this purpose –
in any of the Clients – which we can re-use and collectively propose to the
protocol spec.

Thanks a lot for the Wonderful collaboration!
Sree