Hello everyone,

I have a little trouble porting stuff to from prototype 1.4 to 1.5.
Some has to do with ticket #3592, where the results of filters on
enumerables are discussed. As long as this patch is not accepted I
could just patch the behaviour for myself, overloading Enumerables
reject and findAll methods after loading prototype.js.
This would work, because the Enumerable methods were copied to the
Hash object _when_creating_a_new_Hash_.

Now with 1.5 that cannot be done anymore, because the Enumerable
methods are copied to the Hash _prototype_, from where they are
copied by JS when instatiating a new Hash via the new operator.
So effectively to overwriite Enumerable methods I would have to
reextend Hash.prototype with Enumerable after applying my fixes on
Enumerable (the same goes for Array and Range and future Enumerable
descendants).

Now my question is: What is the advantage of the new Hash
implementation? Why did Class.create not suffice? I can see added
complexity but no real gain, since Enumerable is not really in the
prototype chain of Hash, its methods are just copied to the Hashes
prototype.

Please don't think I want to troll around, I am really appreciating
your work.
I have a lot of code depending on Prototype and there is just so much
broken now.
On the other hand I would not want to miss on features and
improvements by staying on 1.4, you see.

Alex