I agree that Toggle should be removed, i have been spending alot of
time optimising the prototype library for my own projects, such as
removing bad and inefficient uses of functions and removing Toggle was
one of the first things i did.

One thing i would like to mention is that prototype is not supplied in
a package with a readme file or the like, what percentage of people
are likely to read installation instructions when downloading a new
version. In there it could include important information such as
depreciantion notices.

But i still have no sympathy for people who fail to upgrade their code
along with the libraries that they upgrade.