Hi.

I've just been learning how to get client side page updated with
server side progress and to allow the process to be stopped by the
client.

Client runs a periodic updater to ask the server what progress is
being made on its task.

Client starts a server process which takes a LONG time.
Server side process updates the session storage with its progress.
Server side process watch the session for an abort message and dies if
it see one.

If the user aborts the process (pressing escape for example), the
client starts a server process which sets the abort flag in the
session.

This methodology is working just great for me.

So, I would just like to say THANK YOU for all your hard work. My
pages are so much more interesting now with realtime updates of the
statistics which are being generated on the server by various
processes.

abort.php, process.php and progess.php - 3 simple scripts which all
talk to each other via the session.

I just LOVE it and so do the users here.

THANK YOU!!!!

Regards,

Richard.

--