Release info:

New Protopressed release! (14.4kb gzipped, 19.6kb pressed)
Download (protopressed_v2.zip):
http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-core/files

This release includes Prototype versions 1.4, 1.5rc0, 1.5rc1, and 1.5
final.

The scripts are organized by type: original, formatted (proper
semicolons n' such), compressed, and ultraCompressed.

For each type there is also a "gzipped" folder containing gzipped
forms of each file.

When using these compressed/ultraCompressed files make sure you use
the charset "iso-8859-1"

Example:
< script type="text/javascript" charset="iso-8859-1"
src="prototype.js">< / script>

Notes:

I know that most devs currently using Prototype, don't care about its
file size. However, I have noticed that a lot of new devs are turned
off of Prototype because they read from others that it is 'bloated'
and has a big footprint. Those devs then choose another framework and
rarely give Prototype a second glance.

I created this compressed collection of Prototype libraries to help
evangelize Prototype.

A framework is only as strong as the users and dev team around it.
Prototypes "community" presence is probably the weakest out of all the
popular JavaScript frameworks (Prototype's blog hasn't been updated
since Feb 1st). With a lot of devs leaving Prototype for mooTools and
cross collaborations such as Jack Slocum of YUI-Ext and John Resig of
jQuery, I wonder if Prototype is loosing its ground.

http://groups.google.com/group/prototype-core/browse_thread/thread/2a611d702c4deadb