You are not passing function references to the callbacks as you
perhaps intend. You are instead passing the results of functions.

Modify these lines:
onCreate: create_loader, // No parenthesis
onFailure: function () {alert("Oops!");}, // anonymous function
onSuccess: create_year  // Again, use a function reference, not a
function result

TAG