Our application works fine in mozilla , but not on IE . We use
prototype java script framework 1.5.
 I did some debug and found where it's failing in one instance.

 It's failing when importing xml file.( document.importNode ). The
below code fails on this statement
 $ ('search_content').appendChild (document.importNode
(response.responseXML.childNodes [0].childNodes [1] , true) ) ;

Any help would be greatly appreciated here..

   new Ajax.Request     (
                                '/ajax/search/my.asp',
                                {
                                 method:                'get',
                                 parameters:    'formID=' + formID,
                                 onSuccess:             function (response)
                                                        {
                                                          clearSearch ();

alert(response.responseXML.documentElement.childNodes
[0].childNodes [1].text);

          $ ('search_content').appendChild (document.importNode
(response.responseXML.childNodes [0].childNodes [1] , true) ) ;
                                                // $
('search_content').appendChild (document.importNode
(response.responseXML.documentElement.childNodes [0].childNodes [1] ,
true) ) ;

   var nodes                                    =
response.responseXML.getElementsByTagName ('script') ;
                                                          for (var i = 0; i <
nodes.length; i++)
                                                          {
                                                           eval (nodes