And to reiterate something... using a minifier and gzip, it becomes
something like ~14.5kb, which is like serving up a decent rez jpg thumbnail
image, which is like nothing. And if you're using Ajax you should be able to
minimize the number of times the lib needs to be served to a given
application space... and just to drive this whole thing further into the
ground, you should be sure your libs are being cached appropriately by the
browser, which of course makes the whole size thing even less of an issue
for subsequent requests to your application.

--
Ryan Gahl
Application Development Consultant