Element#getElementsBySelector lets you specify a context node other
than the document. (http://prototypejs.org/api/element/methods/
getElementsBySelector)

I can only speak for myself, but the reason I haven't felt the need to
add any documentation on the Selector class itself is because I can't
think of a case where someone would need to use Selector in a way that
isn't afforded by $$ and Element#getElementsBySelector.  But if anyone
can think of such a case then I'm all ears.

Cheers,
Andrew