On Apr 1, 11:00 pm, "Andrew Dupont" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> (1) Try.these.  I think the empty catch block is justified here.

Me too. This code' purpose is to check for exceptions.

> (3) Event.stopObserving. The empty catch block is encountered in IE
> only.  My guess is that detachEvent throws an exception if the
> specified observer doesn't exist on the element -- which
> addEventListener does not, so Event.stopObserving normalizes the
> behavior.  But this is just a theory.

It's up to designer of the code if stopObserving() can throw
exceptions. Docs say that it U can pass function not attached as a
listener previous, not throwing an exception. IMHO it's a very useful
option.

> (2) Ajax.Responders.dispatch.  It looks like the catch block is in
> place to ensure that every callback gets called.  Otherwise a previous
> callback registered by someone else could throw an error and prevent
> your callback from firing. Does anyone else in Core know more about
> this?

IMO this is the only case to disscuss.

Greetings

DK