On May 30, 9:06 am, "Mislav Marohnić" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On 5/30/07, timcharper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > What do you think if we added a shortcut method to
> > an instantiated method capable of building and appending a new element
> > to it in one swoop?
>
> So you're proposing a wrapper around "new Element(); appendChild()"? It's
> useful, yeah... But is "build" a right name? How about "append":
>
>   div.append('p', { className: 'foo' })
>
> And what should the build method return? The div or the new element? The
> latter is more useful but breaks consistency.

While "build" works, perhaps there is a better name.  Maybe "create",
or "append_new"?  "Create" implies that I will be returned the new
element.  "Append_new" or "insert_new" don't imply that.  I think in
order for it to be useful, it will need to return the new element.

Tim