On 6/3/07, Christoph Roeder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> With the following change it works in in Opera and Safari, too.
> ------------
> var element = Event.element(e);
>
> var params = $(element.form).serialize(true);

That doesn't make any sense. "element.form.serialize" should work in
FF andOpera because they support native DOM prototypes. It
shouldn't work in IE because the form element is not DOM extended by
Prototype. And now you're telling us it works in IE, but doesn't in Opera?

You should use the "$(element.form).serialize" call anyway to make your code
cross-platform. This isn't a bug - read "How Prototype extends the DOM". I'm
just confused by the fact it works in IE for you.