Ok maybe I was a bit harsh on ol' safari, but ive seen a fair few posts here
of late stating such and such doesn't work on Safari...

I've got a css'd div layout that doesnt work there either (and no time to
fix it for the client either, so that can wait) but it works fine in IE and
FF... I don't know what gives. Safari is meant to be spec compliant... I
haven't really researched it or anything though..

I read on /. that safari has been patched since its initial release, good on
them for getting the fixes out so fast.

Oh the joys of cross browser coding...

Gareth