Thanks for in-dept blurb on the differences between the JavaScript
Object object and Array. I was trying to dumb it down but your
explanation is better suited.

As for "hacky" I was merely looking at the source and the variable
named "object" that it expects as the first argument. Seems to me that
it wanted the
Object object, but if a core dev says it's proper to use both, then
it's proper to use both data types.

- John-David

P.S. - Just because you can do it, doesn't mean it should be done.
(thinks back to the old Arrays and 'for-in' loops argument...)