On 7/3/07, justin blecher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> - is this a known issue?

Yes. Safari is bugged when it comes to the constructor property.

i've checked open tickets in trac and haven't
> come across anything similar.

That is because we weren't deeply worried about the bug. We will probably
try to resolve it in the inheritance branch (if it isn't already resolved).

my goal is to have some class variables that are used for configuration of
> the class

You're not doing unconventional stuff, just overcomplicating. Look at how
options vs. default options are handled in the Ajax module or
Script.aculo.us