After searching for a nice prototype based context sensitive (right
click) menu and coming up empty I wrote my own.  There's lot's of
these out there, but none of them were pure prototype based objects.

This one will do static or dynamic menus, and it injects all the
needed supporting elements into the DOM.  So it's easy to add to an
existing page.  Ultimately I plan to wrap this in a Rails ActionView
Helpers, so you can easily insert it in your rhtml.

This is my very first attempt at javascript (and consequently
prototype as well), so suggestions for improvements are welcome.  Of
most interest to me right now is if anyone can figure out how to make
IE style the menu more like I have it styled in Firefox.  I'd
appreciate any such patches.

I used prototype 1.5.1.  Here is a link to a demo page with my code
all inlined.

http://homepage.mac.com/the_warners/.Public/proto.html

It be nice if a menu like this made it into prototype or
scriptaculous.

Ryan