Hi all,

Don't know what's up with the google groups today... I posted an
earlier message which hasn't appeared anywhere yet.

Anyway, this is just to advise you that I posted a patch:
http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/9012

I went with "identify" as a method name as I thought it's definition
(establish or indicate who or what (someone or something) is) nicely
fit what the method does and clearly refers to the id attribute.
Obviously, that's still still open for discussion.

Also, I didn't implement the scoping some of you suggested, but if
there's a real use case for it, implementing it is trivial, so please
speak up.

Regards,

Tobie