Andriy Mykhaylyuk wrote:
> Hello guys, thanx for update, and my congratulations, looks like a lot
> of people loves new updates.
>
> And I have a feature suggestion for templates system. That will be
> great if templates will support some sort of cycles with internal
> templates or table building. Something like gridview in ASP.NET for
> example. For a table builder it's good if we will have supported
> following templates : Row, AlternatingRow, Header, Footer, EmptyData.
>
> What do you think about ?

I agree that more robust templating isn't a good fit for core.  I had a
similar need and came up with a compiled template class that is made for
using a server-side html template to repeatedly generate content in
JavaScript.  Now that html5 embraces innerHTML, it is time to take
advantage of it's speed.

I have a piece of code in production that you can see here:
http://rafb.net/p/jxjGr139.html.  I'm working on making it more robust,
but it is completely extensible and would allow you to add simple
functions to give the table functionality you mention.  When I finish,
I'll do a full write-up on my web site.

- Ken Snyder