I just found an easier workaround to resolve this "feature" hehe.  If
you set an expicit height and then use overflow:hidden, the jog will
disappear, this is easier for me at least than the position:absolute
method, because then you have to resituate it so it appears in the
document flow when it is actually not.

Cheers,
      Matt