On 21/08/07, Tom Gregory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Confirmed.
>
> I rewrote as unit tests (the alerts didn't show what was actually
> failing):
> http://pastebin.com/m6bc554f9
>
> ==Safari 3.0.3 (OS X):
> failed  testEachWriteAttribute
> 1 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors
> Failure: assertEnumEqual: expected [true], actual [false]
>
> It's quite odd to me that invoking writeAttribute worked, but each
> writeAttribute did not.
>
> ==Firefox 2.0.0.6 (OS X):
> failed  testInvokeWriteAttribute
> 1 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors
> Failure: assertEnumEqual: expected [true], actual [false]
>
> failed  testEachWriteAttribute
> 1 assertions, 1 failures, 0 errors
> Failure: assertEnumEqual: expected [true], actual [false]
>

> The same is still true as of current HEAD, rev 7353.
>

> TAG
>
> On Aug 21, 2007, at 9:56 AM, Richard Quadling wrote:
>

> > http://pastebin.com/d748a99f8
> >
> > Specifically, trying to use writeAttribute() fails.
> >
> > This is using 1.6.0_rc0 (August 15, 2007).
> >
> > Richard.

Hi,

I'm not EXACTLY sure what I've done, but my code is now working.

Element.addMethods ( 'FORM', {
        setRadioValue : function(element, s_RadioGroup, s_Value) {
                // Extend the form.
                element = $(element);
                // Set the checked value
                o_Return = $$('#' + element.id + ' input[type="radio"][name="' +
s_RadioGroup + '"][value="' + s_Value + '"]').invoke('writeAttribute',
'checked', true);
                return o_Return;
        }
});

I can now set the value of a radio group for the current form based
upon the name of the group.

--
-----
Richard Quadling