Mislav Marohnić wrote:
> I'm not sure why Sam put it in there. The correct form should be:

I think Sam had reason to write this. I reread Dean Edwards's - who
else? :) - post about the window.onload and one of the last comment
says with https you can remove the protocol.
http://dean.edwards.name/weblog/2006/06/again/?full#comment56361

That is, you can replace javascript:void(0) to :// because
javascript:void(0) is unsecure content for IE if I am right.
http://dean.edwards.name/weblog/2006/06/again/?full#comment5776

I checked Dean's base2 code and it uses simply :// too without
checking the protocol. I suppose this does not send any http requests.

  "@MSIE.+win": {
    init: function() {
      this.base();
      // Matthias Miller/Mark Wubben/Paul Sowden/Me
      document.write("<script id=__ready defer src=//:><\/script>");
      document.all.__ready.onreadystatechange = function() {
        if (this.readyState == "complete") {
          this.removeNode(); // tidy
          DOMContentLoaded.fire();
        }