Hi Andrew,

I am not in dev team but I think that same things I can tell you.

1. In every script language all methods are "virtual" because those we
call through instance reference ("this" in JS) and methods are
reachede dynamically through parrent chain (prototype chain in JS).

2. In JS there is no standard way to get a stack informations, so we
have to wrap real method and provide a way to reach the parent method.
Of corse we can do a generic method for every method in prototype to
be able to call parent method in this way: "ASuperClass.foo(this,...)"
instead of "ASuperClass.prototype.foo.call(this, ...)" but it is no
the same... I implemented this kind of solution in my module...

VMT and JS? It's a kind of higher level language parsed to real JS
code? I am curious.

3. It's not truth. You will inherit all properties of parent prototype
object. For now in 1.6.0_rc0 you don't inherit "static" properties but
maybe it will  changed...

I hope I have answered to your questions regardless my bad english...