On Sep 3, 2007, at 5:03 PM, Tobie Langel wrote:

> So that's clearly not somewhere we should sacrifice readability for
> speed.

I get your point, and realize I'm belaboring a conversation that
should come to an end, but--

The "readability" argument is subjective.  Personally, I find the
array literal syntax more readable. Really. I understand it without
having to know Perl, Ruby, etc.  I get that $w() might be more
readable to others ... just not to me.  =)

Yeah, speed is negligible. It might be worth fixing in well-tested/
rarely-changed code (if only to stop the questions--this has come up
before), but you're right: any gains would be tiny.

My unsolicited two cents.

TAG