Guys,

the code document.write("<script id=__onDOMContentLoaded defer
src=//:><\/script>");

is for IE mainly and anything else that falls into that category. No
need to work for the others.....

The reason he uses '//:' its a trick that works for both HTTPS and
HTTP. Its less code than doing all those checks and works...
I use this on my HTTPS app and it works flawlessly.

I also use the //: for some initail image sources and have no issues
in any browsers.

Here is how I used my version:

document.write('<script id="_ieDomLoad" defer="defer" src="//:"
onreadystatechange="Event.getInterceptor(document, \'DOMContentLoaded
\').notify()"></script>');

Event.observe(document, 'DOMContentLoaded', function(){$
('_ieDomLoad').remove();});