jdalton wrote:
> I like the idea of having one handle for those cryptic error codes.
>
> Would onNetworkError be different than onException ( does the
> onException get called as well??)

In my current implementation, a network error triggers onNetworkError,
onLoaded, onComplete, then onFailure.  I find the onNetworkError to be
important because the developer can stop sending ajax requests until the
user indicates that a connection has been re-established.  Or, perhaps
connection-testing ajax requests can be sent on a periodic basis.

Throwing an exception is fine as long as the exception is clearly
distinguishable from other exceptions.  A custom onNetworkError callback
seems more useful than having to test the exception.

So Tobie, how would you use the file protocol for an ajax request?  For
including a client's local file with static content?  Is there any other
indication that it is a local file other than the url having "file*" ?

- Ken