Please make it to be simple, look at the source code:
  select: function() {
    var args = $A(arguments), element = $(args.shift());
    return Selector.findChildElements(element, args);
  },
the "select" method is only a wrapper of the
Selector.findChildElements, and with different selector context. For
the css selecting rule as same with the css with $$, make it to be
complex is not a good idea.