On Oct 19, 5:15 pm, "Mislav Marohnić" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On 10/19/07, Viktor Kojouharov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > Mislav, the problem is not whether you are interested in making this
> > work or not, the problem is that `new Element' doesn't behave like a
> > 'prototype' function, since it's not consistent across browsers.
>
> So, to make it work in IE we should special-case "onclick", "onsubmit" etc.
> not to be set with setAttribute.
>
> Any bright idea how we could differentiate those? Names beginning with "on"
> is out of the question.
Why? What's wrong with detecting 'on' attributes? No other valid
attributes start with 'on', custom ones should be namespaced anyway,
and in any case, attributes are just strings, so there's no problem in
putting them into the string for createElement. I don't know why all
attributes are not placed in createElement, but only the name. Is
there any special reason for this?