I'll re-read your response again later, but at first glance it looks like a
long-winded way of saying "no"... :)
Yes there might be a better/more complete possibility, and someone might do
it in the future, but this patch looks better than what we have, and exists
now. That seems like a good thing.

Or perhaps the "experimental" event simulations can be included, but in a
separate file. But either way, if the experimental code isn't good enough,
perhaps it should be removed then?

I think I'd rather see an incremental fix now; AND wait for someone to write
an even better version later.

Nic

--
Dr Nic Williams