> Personnally, I fail to see the point of a getClassName() function...
> but it could be useful in some cases. (--to the OP) Keep in mind that
> the concept of "Classes" in JS is not as straightforeward as in pure
> Java (or other OO languages); because of it's loose-type syntax, any
> anonymous function can be transformed into an object. For example :

Completely agree with you in principle regarding general Javascript,
but with regards Class.create and inheritance functionality Prototype
is surely trying to imitate traditional OO and therefore having some
of the common helper functions may be useful.

By the way, your getClassName code is great, perfect for my needs.
Combining that into the namespace stuff will be great for my project.

On a related note, anyone have any ideas how I could get rid of the
eval in the code I submitted? as the removal of an eval overhead
should allow for the combining of the include functionlity into the
package function, removing the need of a seperate include method.

Many thanks for your help.