I actually really like the solution in one of the comments on Dean's
"sandbox.eval" post [1]. It does no browser sniffing and degrades
nicely to "script insertion" on browsers which don't support
eval.call(window, ... ) and execScript. The "check" for eval can be
done when prototye loads - this should not affect performance - and
produce a boolean indicating whether eval works or not. I'm still
confused whether we should sacrifice code size for "no-browser-
sniffing". What do you think?

[1] http://dean.edwards.name/weblog/2006/11/sandbox#comment70076

- kangax