(ref:
http://groups.google.com/group/rubyonrails-spinoffs/browse_thread/thread/a1f7e479a7f5d1b7)

On Apr 4, 4:38 am, Ree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Here's a simple example:

> new Ajax.Updater({success: 'container'}, 'http://...', {method:'get',
> onComplete: myCallback});
>
> When the request fails, #container content is left as is - that's
> fine. When it succeeds, #container content is replaced with the
> response text - that's fine as well. However, if the request is
> cancelled (ESC key is pressed, for example), #container content is
> cleared completely. What is the reason behind this? Any way to prevent
> this behavior? I would certainly prefer #container left untouched in
> this case.

Should a request status of 0 really be treated as a "success?"

AFAIK -- as in Ree's issue -- the only time status is 0 is when the
request is aborted.
In the case of an abort, the 'success' container is updated to
responseText; which is empty.

  success: function() {
    var status = this.getStatus();
    return !status || (status >= 200 && status < 300);
  },

Should it be?
    return !!status || (status >= 200 && status < 300);

(not sure about Ree, but I'm looking at 1.6.0.2.)

- Jon L.