On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 11:01 PM, John-David Dalton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Also a different patch for solving the same problem.
>  I check the window.location.href and the url of the ajax call to
>  determin if its file or ftp protocol then allow zero or not.
>  http://dev.rubyonrails.org/ticket/10030

Cool.  I like the comprehensive regex test!

One thing I'd like is to avoid an on0 callback.  I can't see the need
for a callback that would sometimes be triggered by a successful event
and sometimes be triggered by an error condition.  The other
consideration is that 0 (and lots of other unusual numbers) can be
thrown when there is a network exception such as dropped connection or
timeout--I think all failures to reach the server should return the
same code and trigger the same error across all exception types in all
browsers.  Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be? :D